Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sanctus Real

Have you heard this song? "Whatever You're Doing (Something Heavenly)"?
This morning as I was driving to work, I heard this song for the first time. This line of the lyrics caught me:
It feels like chaos but I believeYou're up to something bigger than me
Larger than life something heavenly
Honestly, the more I listen to the lyrics of the song, the more I relate. He questions if he is surrendering to Gods will or his own. I can honestly say, the past couple of years, I've surrendered to my own will only to find out I don't like the place I'm in. Then, I have the NERVE to be angry at God. I have so many blessings in my life, my husband, my home, my job, etc...yet I still felt like something was missing. I know that something I'm missing is Jesus!

You see, once you've had that personal relationship with Him, no other relationship compares. Too often we try to go through the valleys of life alone. Everyone's valley is different, some have relationship issues, financial issues, fertility issues, or even friendship issues. However, one fact remains. We don't have to go through it alone. In the quiet hours when your spouse is asleep, and your friends are unable to talk to you because they are also asleep and you feel like you could just pop and scream at the top of your lungs...do it! Well, maybe you should go in the other room so you don't wake the peaceful sleeping spouse. Jesus loves for us to curl in His lap and lay all our worries and cares upon Him. That's what He's there for.

No comments: