Friday, January 9, 2009

Note to self...

I need to start taking the Metformin. If you've ever taken Metformin, you know how easy it is to conveniently "forget" to take your dose, or how you contemplate taking it as if you were debating on running for public office. The stuff is horrible I tell ya...HORRIBLE!!! But, the reproductive endocrinology community seem to be impressed with the wonders it does for the PCOS ridden body and conception. It even has benefits for PCOS patients even if they are not trying to concieve.

Do you have an Aunt Michele? You know, the Aunt that you can go to at anytime with a question and her response is "Well, the bible says...". I LOVE MY AUNT MICHELE. She is such a godly woman and her wisdom just amazes me. I talked to her about a lot, and she gives me lots of advice. Lately, in discussions with her I've discovered I've got a lot of junk in my heart that I have got to get cleared out. I've become so bogged down in craziness that I cannot hear the One who makes everything clear...Jesus. She suggested that I start reading the bible, daily. She said "read it everyday, make it a habit to where if you forget to do it, it hits you like you forgot to put shoes on". She's great I tell ya! She said start with 1 John. I started last night. I love 1 John 1:5 ... God is light; in him there is no darkeness at all. God is truth, need I say more?

So often, I get so distracted by the ememy, and I lose sight on the awesomeness of God. His supremecy and that even when I fail to see it, He is still my champion, and He wants whats best for me, and ready to give that to me but I've got to do my part before He can move. My prayer is that I can remove my flesh (my emotions, wants, etc...) and hear Him and move to be able to fully grasp His will for me. Essentially, I want to be His chess piece.

Weight: Yesterday was a bust. I didn't make it to the WW meeting. I've GOT to get there. They are closed today, and I will not be able to make it tomorrow since I have to sing at a funeral.

Home: WOW. A bomb has gone off again! LOL!!! I've still got lots of purging to do! My husband is an amazing man. I really could kiss his face off.

School: Tonight is home work night...NICE.

Craftiness...nothing. Too tired!!

Over the Christmas holiday, I finally met my cousin Rob's wife Trisha. What a cool chick. We have lots in common and it stinks she lives so far away. Trisha, do you think ya'll are moving to Charleston anytime soon?? LOL!! She and I were robbed of the "Red Spatula" at the "First Fipps Family Bake Off" by our cousin Amy. It's on next year Amy!!!

That's all that's new on this end. We are still praying as to rather we should persue adoption, or fertility treatments. It's all so scary with no guarntee in the end. I'm confident that if we listen to God's voice in it all, whatever route we take will be His will, and we will be parents.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him."1 John 5:14-15

Go check out this blog. Nancy has some cute ideas!!!

2 comments:

nwalker said...

Amanda,
Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway. I enjoyed reading some of your postings. I will be back when it's not so late at night!
Nancy

Gina Marie said...

I found your blog off of Kelly's - and I felt led to write you to encourage you in this journey. God is greater than PCOS - I have it also - and it is a struggle. I have been blessed, by His Grace, with three children.

Praying for you,
Gina